Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stones say what's hard for us to say to a Stranger

When we first started putting stones on the streets, my daughter and I went into town and placed a stone outside a shop. As we got into the car we noticed an elderly, unkempt man who was hunched over looking at the ground as he walked along. He looked the picture of dejection. However, when he noticed the stone, his hand darted down and picked it up and he put it quickly into his pocket, as though he had found a real treasure.

I knew the stone had the words on it that said, "Feel like no on cares?" and on the back "Give all your worries to Me for I care for you." - Jesus (1 Peter 5:7).


In the instant I realised that I could not have gone up and said that to the man, but the stone could! He would keep the stone and it would be a constant reminder of the truth.

W.E


No comments:

Post a Comment